RSS

DIY Bike Lock

Flyer Goodness Filed Under:




So...somewhat heavy bike locks here will literally run you around 39.99 pounds....thats $80 for a bike lock, and these are the smaller, less-heavy duty ones.

So I asked for a hardware store recommendation and picked up the following:

6.95 5-pound Steel Lock (Bigger than the palm of my hand, can seriously hurt something)
10.55 1.5metres of 6x38mm Anondized Steel Chain
1.50 Black duct tape (to cover chain so it doesnt scratch my bike, also so the chain doesnt move too much)

edit post

2 Responses to "DIY Bike Lock"

  1. shaun homsapaya Says:
  2. nice, thats as raw as you can get. san luis intuition at its best.
    ...is that anthrax along the inner lining of your wheel
  3. Aidzz.L.Ticsay Says:
  4. Hey Erik,
    This reminds me of the last minute shopping we did before you left. Do you remember we were looking at bike locks?
    Are you good to go with what you've put together? Or do you want me to send you one?

Post a Comment