RSS

ah the smell of uneccessary consumerism for its own government-tradition sake

Flyer Goodness Filed Under:
So, nothing much has changed regarding the holidays for me over here: They still decorate and shop here, and I don't miss or enjoy any of it, really. In my opinion, the streets would be just as interesting and more economically and ecologically friendly without the decorations, lights, and ice rinks -- I mean, it hails over here already as is, kids can pretend that its snow, cant they? (sarcasm. not really)

Also, there would be a lot more art fairs, shows and gigs going on if promoters and managers felt safe knowing that most people weren't spending most of their time AND MONEY buying stuff people dont need (and more often than not, don't want) so that people can pretend they feel cared for, wallets can be relieved of their weight, and shops and corporations can bathe and swim in money.

Well, you may ask, why does the grinch take pics of these things along with every other point-and-snap tourist on Oxford St? Because they do make a pretty picture.


edit post

2 Responses to "ah the smell of uneccessary consumerism for its own government-tradition sake"

  1. Dan Says:
  2. It is a holiday season kid.
  3. Lauren Says:
  4. Wow that is pretty. Here they have ferries in pastel colors wishing shoppers "Happy Christmas." I was thinking of buying some Christmas lights, I love them. But they are expensive. They would take up 1/3 of my weekly budget...I must think long and hard. Maybe after Christmas when most people don't want the lights, then I can bask in my fully Christmas light lit bedroom (bought at half price). haha.

Post a Comment