RSS

Guy Fawkes by Canary Wharf

Flyer Goodness Filed Under:



So I'm doing some work by my computer, hearing a lot of pops and bangs starting from 4pm -- i figured they were just motorcycles, as its common for them to pop their exhaust, sometimes at a convenient opportunity when passing me up from behind...Anyway, so the pops and explosions were echoing constantly three hours later, so I sought the Google genie, who laid out the fact that it was guy fawkes day -- about some revolutionary dude who blew up a lot of gunpowder, inspiring and bolstering firecracker sales at least once a year.

I biked around, following explosions and echoes, seeing families and kids watch as dads lit mini rockets in neighborhood parks, passing small groups of adolescent males near alleys radiating proud mischief, and bigger explosions south, near the River. I parked bankside at Canary Wharf, witnessing about 5-6 fairly large fireworks displays, probably the major ones in central london. Unfortunately, all of my captures were downright horrible.

edit post

1 Response to "Guy Fawkes by Canary Wharf"

  1. Dan Says:
  2. These photos are really good to be a picture postcard,keep it up son you might have a new career.

Post a Comment